New York City's 6th annual pillow fight will take place at 3pm in Union Square, at E. 14th Street & Broadway. Newmindspace, which organizes the NYC event, reports that last year's pillow fight took place in over 150 cities worldwide, and drew a crowd of 5000 in Union Square alone. Organizers have requested that participants NOT bring feathered pillows, as it delays the clean-up process.
Get all of the information here.
Newmindspace is run by Lori Kufner and Kevin Bracken. Follow newmindspace on facebook.
The most important things you need to know:
- bring a soft, featherless pillow and swing lightly
- wait for the signal before fighting
- swing ONLY with your pillow and do not hit anybody who is holding a camera
- remove your glasses before engaging in pillow-fighting
- if you will re-use your pillow, remember to take it with you. if not, there will be pillow donation boxes.
- pajamas and soft teddy bears are welcome
- Pillows for Puppies will be facilitating the after-fight clean-up effort