Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why You Should Stop By Rudy's Bar and Grill.

In accordance with this post, my friend and I headed down to Delta Grill tonight for their Mardi Gras celebration. We were greeted by a huge line and, upon glancing inside, although there was no place to sit and the place was jam-packed, the scene actually seemed somewhat lame, and not worth the $20 head-charge. So, we began walking down 9th Avenue to see what else we could find.

I was hungry, and my friend suggested that we go to Rudy's Bar and Grill, for cheap pitchers of beer and free hot dogs. I wasn't sure that I could stomach eating hot dogs, as I had never found them very appealing in the past, but I obliged and we headed to 44th Street and 9th Ave. Upon entering the laid-back dive bar, I knew we had found a cool place to relax. There was no Fat Tuesday theme, except for the bartender wearing exactly one strand of beads, but you can't really go wrong with pitchers of beer that start at $7 and some epic rock music playing out over the bar's speaker system. As I nervously bit into one of the free hot dogs that came with our drinks, smothered in a mixture of garden variety ketchup and mustard, I suddenly exclaimed, "Oh! I guess I do like hot dogs!" I then proceeded to eat two more. We each bought one pitcher and the total per person charge came to $11, including tips. The booths, if you can get one, are not the most comfortable, but you get what you pay for. I would certainly return.

2 comments: